1) Always complete an allergy test of an essential oil before using. This can be done by applying a small drop of the full strength oil to the inner arm or wrist and waiting 30min. to observe any inflamed or red areas.
1) Never consume full-strength essential oils, always dilute them with milk, soy milk or olive oil.
1) Be careful not to touch the eye area when inhaling oils from hands.
Essential oils can have powerful effects on the body and should be treated with the same caution and respect given to prescription medications. With this in mind, following recommendations are made:1) Do not topically apply or ingest full strength essential oils if nursing or pregnant without consulting a physician.
2) Do not apply menthol containing oils of any strength topically to children less than 2 years old. See our lessons on individual oils to determine if an oil contains menthol.
3) Use caution when administering essential oils to children orally, and never give oils orally to children under 6 years old.
4) Keep essential oils out of reach of children.
5) If a child ingests more than 5 drops of any essential oil, call a poison control center immediately.
6) Use caution if you are epileptic or have high blood pressure, as certain oils may interact with your conditions. Please consult our library of lessons on individual oils for indications.
For someone looking to reduce this exposure, essential oil-based products can replace many of these conventional chemical products. Due to their highly concentrated nature, products utilizing therapeutic essential oils can be even more powerful than conventional cleaners and detergents.
This completes our fifth and final lesson in our Core Knowledge program. To continue your journey into the world of essential oils you can sign up under School of Essential Oils as a Young Living Independent Distributor and get 24/7 online access to all of the School of Essential Oils course materials and the Young Living community of resources and support.
Wishing you WELLNESS, PURPOSE, and ABUNDANCE
and looking forward to connecting with you again!
Primary Benefits of Orange Essential Oil*
- Improves Digestion
- Encourages Detoxification
- Skin Treatment
- Adds flavor to food and drinks
- Effective insect repellent
History of Orange Plant
Chemistry of Orange
Uses for Orange Essential Oil
- Put two drops of Orange Essential Oil in a capsule; take three times daily or as needed as dietary supplement.
- Dilute one drop of oil with one drop of olive oil and apply to desired area as needed as tropical treatment.
- Put a few drops of oil with water in a spray bottle. Diffuse up to one hour three times daily for aromatic treatment.
- Take few drops of oil and use as a massage oil on affected areas of the body.
- Add a few drops of essential oil to a warm bath for a revitalizing bath.
- Add a drop of bitter orange essential oil to warm salt water and gargle, to relive a sore throat.